The Vanishing Race, Goldtone
Edward Curtis’ most notable image and the fundamental concept for his entire thirty-year project.
Additional Image Information
The Vanishing Race
The Vanishing Race was Curtis’ signature piece and was the visual metaphor for the core concept underlying Curtis’ entire thirty- year project i.e., that Native Americans, as a culture, at least, were vanishing and that it was Curtis’ over-arching goal to capture a record of them and their world before they disappeared forever. Curtis searched for an image to illustrate this idea for nearly four years before creating The Vanishing Race. A century ago, it was by far and away Curtis’ most popular single image. Today it still remains a highly sought after classic.
- Produced using Curtis' original glass plate negative
- Beautiful, historic imagery
- Luminosity and three-dimensionality that is unequaled by any other photographic medium
- Edward Curtis' favorite printing process
- Limited edition with a certificate of authenticity
- Four sizes available in two frame choices
- Framed and ready to hang